Kidblog provides a Parent role that is tied directly to their child's student portfolio. The Parent role is independent of a specific class. This allows the parent to view all of their child's posts from multiple classes (including year-over-year).
How to Video: Adding parents
Step by step: Adding parents
- Students invite their parents/guardians via their Kidblog Dashboard. Click the "Invite Parent" button
- Enter the parent’s email
- The parent will receive an email with instructions to connect with their child.
Important items to note:
- Parents may see all of their child's posts but may not see those from other students - unless you invite them as a Guest.
- Teachers invite Guests (who may be parents)
- Guests may see posts published to "Connections", but not posts published to "Class Members"
- Students invite Parents
- Parents may see all posts of their child, but not of other students (unless also invited as a Guest in the class)
With the addition of the Connections audience and the student portfolio that travels with the student, Kidblog is more powerful and flexible than ever.